Working within the Golf Operations team you are often the first point of call for both members and visitors arriving at the Club, the Golf Shop and Reception are the hub. Providing excellent standards of customer service is a must and confidence in the use of IT important with an interest in developing your knowledge of golf equipment technology.
We currently have multiple opportunities for this role. Full training will be provided, so no previous sales experience is required as we are ready to coach and develop you in all aspects of our business and customers, but previous customer service experience is an advantage.
Personal time management and self-motivation will be key as you will be working independently much of the time. Experience in the following fields is a plus but not essential - advertising, brand building, customer service, face to face sales, marketing, merchandising, promotional work, public relations, retail.
Main duties to include: You will be responsible for;
- Welcoming customers and clients
- Coordinating events
- Event scheduling and booking
- Documenting sales
- Liaising with teams in other departments
- Delivering high quality performance
- Understanding and delivering clients and customers requirements
- Assist in developing membership sales through marketing and outreach projects
- Social media and e-marketing
- Operating the Golf Reception, Driving Range and Retail operation
- Online tee sheet management
Skills and Personal Attributes necessary
- To be passionate about delivering the very best experience for your customers.
- Have a passion for Golf
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Good literacy and numeracy
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- To be able to work shifts as required, which will include weekends and bank holidays
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Have great customer service skills
- Be a team player
- Be looking for a challenge
We are looking for personable, bubbly and confident individuals to join our Golf Operations team. Successful candidates will be trained on customer service, dealing with customer enquiries through to administration, keeping track of sales records, stock controlling, scheduling events and visiting groups to implementing marketing campaigns
Full training is provided, however, work experience in reception/administration/ customer service/retail/hospitality/events is ideal! With a passion or interest in golf a distinct advantage.
Motivated individuals will work alongside the Golf Operations Manager ensuring the smooth operation of all golfing and retail activity. The role is an ideal opportunity to develop understanding, skills and experience of golf club management and to further your career within the industry.